Brown/Grizzly Bear Hunting in Alaska
RB767 Permit Hunt Information
for Regulatory Year 2022
Hunt Number: RB767
Regulatory Year: 2022
Hunt Type: Registration
Species: Brown Bear
Legal Animal: One bear, except cubs or females accompanied by cubs.
Number of Permits
|Residency||Number of Permits|
|Alaska residents||To be announced|
|Nonresidents||Up to 99999 permits|
|Total Number of Permits Available||Unlimited|
23, Area 7
08/01/2022 - 10/31/2022
- Bear hide and skull must be sealed in state within 30 days of a kill. Evidence of sex must remain naturally attached to the hide. Must submit harvest report within 30 days of harvest.
- Specimens Required: Skull and hide (separated, unfrozen) sealed by ADF&G; tooth extracted.
Must report in person, online, or by mail within 15 days of season closure.
You may report online at http://www.hunt.alaska.gov
1)WHEN: Aug 1 - Oct 31.
2) WHERE: Unit 23, Southwest, that portion on the Seward Peninsula west of and including the Buckland River drainage. Unit 23 Guide-Outfitter Area 7.
3) BAG LIMIT: One brown bear; however cubs or females accompanied by cubs may not be taken at any time.
4) SEALING: The hide and skull of all brown bears must be sealed within 30 days of kill. Evidence of sex must remain naturally attached to the hide.
5) REPORTING: Successful hunters must report and have the bear hide and skull sealed in state within 30 days of harvest. If you hunted unsuccessfully or did not hunt you must report in person, online or by mail within 15 days of season end.
6) REQUIREMENTS: Nonresidents are required to be accompanied in the field by a licensed guide or by an Alaskan resident over 19 years of age within the second degree of kindred when hunting. While hunting you must have in possession: a current hunting license, a current year brown bear tag, your copy of the Big Game Tag Record, and the registration permit card. Please review the Unit 23 Hunter Orientation materials on our website, www.adfg.alaska.gov. Additionally, if you are flying yourself, you will need to complete the pilot orientation program to use your plane to transport game in Unit 23.
7) SIGNATURE: You must sign your permit and comply with the permit hunt conditions and any additional restrictions found in the Alaska Hunting Regulations.
Hunt conditions and season dates can be changed by Emergency Order. Visit the Emergency Orders and Announcements page for more information.